A Nation with forty seven constituency, Bhutan currently has a population strength of 738677. Projection based on the population & Housing Census of Bhutan 2005 at the growth rate of 1.8 percent per annum will take Bhutan’s total Population approximately to 8, 24,457 by 2020. As of 2012 data, population density proclaims 18.8 square KM per person with highest no of working population than those of age 65+ and infant below 15. Thimphu is most populous district with around 118455 people while Gasa has the least.
There are many ethnic groups in BHutan, and no group constitutes a majority of the population. However, Bhutanese population distinct themselves by four main ethnic groups. Ngalop of western and northern Bhutan; the Sharchop Tshangla speaking eastern part; theLhotshampa in southern Bhutan; and Bhutanese tribal and aboriginal peoples living in villages scattered throughout Bhutan.
After the major influx in the wake of the 1959 TIbetan Rebellion, Bhutan also have a sizable Tibetan Bhutanese.
Approximately 70 percent of the population practice Secular Drukpa Kagyu or Ningma Buddhism, both Mahayana Buddhism. The remaining 30 percent exerciseHinduism. Bhutan now have even section of population having taken Christianity. With Fundamental and Human rights enshrined in the constitution men & women are treated or given same equal rights and opportunities.
Bhutan became the first country in the world to ban smoking and the selling of tobacco.
Elite Scenic Voyage, Bhutan
Discover Yourself, We Think Clients